for this year's 2020
farm city days
To take extra precautions given the coronavirus
that has affected our nation this 2020 year,
the Farm City Days Committee will be:
Extending the parade route to allow for more social distancing for patrons watching the celebration. The parade route will begin at the normal starting point at Jefferson and Monroe St., travel South on Jefferson St. until turning west on Madison St., until reaching Walnut St. and turning north down Walnut which will then end on Monroe St. Total distance: 2,196.04 ft
Heavily enforcing that NO CANDY or other items will be allowed to be thrown or tossed from any vehicle, float, walkers on foot, etc.
Spacing vendors at least 6ft apart utilizing more of East street further down towards Buckeye as needed.
Limiting the number of food vendors.
Spacing the car show vehicles to be every other parking space and expanding down West street as needed.
Providing extra handwashing stations throughout all areas of the celebration.
Asking that patrons wear face masks to protect themselves and others. We understand this is an outside event but still ask that you be respectful in taking these precautions.
Ask that festival attendees beware of their surroundings and practice social distancing as much as possible.
Ask that all community members and visitors to the area be respectful, be kind, and respect the decisions of others.
The 2020 carnival, Fun Time Shows, will also be implementing new procedures to help protect against the coronavirus.
Due to the increase in cases and requests of local health officials, all employees of the Fun Times Shows Carnival are required to fill out a health questionnaire before every working shift to keep the public and themselves safe. This questionnaire consists of symptoms check, if they have been around any sick individuals, and if they've been asked to quarantine for any reason.
Statement from the owner of Fun Time Shows
"We are striving, just like everyone who has been affected by this unprecedented event, to work within the guidelines set forth for social distancing and sanitation of equipment so that we can provide Iola's Farm City Days with safe and fun entertainment. We have been working on setting up new policies and efforts to meet health guidelines as closely as possible. The following procedures we're implementing in efforts to provide a fun and safe environment for carnival attendees.
1) Working with the fair boards and festival groups to ensure that there are not too many patrons on the grounds to create an unsafe distancing protocol.
2) We are building hand sanitation posts to be placed at the entrances and exits of the rides as well as throughout the midway. Handwashing stations will be rented as well to be placed on or near the midway.
3) We will operate the rides as normal but load every other seat on the rides where the seats/cars might be too close to allow for the 6 ft spacing.
4) We will sanitize areas that are high use areas, such as handrails, lap bars, etc. We will sanitize throughout the day and evening rides as they are unloaded and loaded.
5) Signage will be posted throughout the midway to encourage patrons to practice social distancing and good hygiene.
6) Employees’ temperature will be checked prior to opening and documented at any time an employee has a temperature (for whatever reason) they will be sent to their bunk and told not to come out on the midway until they no longer have a fever.
7) Employees will be instructed to wear protective face masks at all times while working with the public if asked to do so by the fair board or local health department.
8) Employees will be instructed to stay in the carnival/bunkhouse area’s and not to visit any of the other structure′s on the fairgrounds or festival grounds unless they have been told to do so for business reason’s or we have been informed by the fair members/festival members that it is allowed to do so.
In addition to the above guidelines, we have purchased a system that will fog the area and equipment with sanitizer that will clean the contact services.
We hope that we can all pull together and make the rest of 2020 a safe and successful.
- Sincerely Clint Payne, Fun Time Shows Owner, and the entire Fun Time Shows Family!"
Fun Time Shows Social Distancing Practices